Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Reviewing for eLife is... fun?

Most of the time, I find reviewing papers to be a task that, while fun-sounding in principle, often becomes a chore in practice, especially if the paper is really dense. Which is why I was sort of surprised that I actually had some fun reviewing for eLife just recently. I've previously written about how the post-review harmonization between reviewers is a blessing for authors because it's a lot harder to give one of those crummy, ill-considered reviews when your colleagues know it's you giving them. Funny thing is that it's also fun for reviewers! I really enjoy discussing a paper I just read with my colleagues. I feel like that's an increasingly rare occurrence, and I was happy to have the opportunity. Again, well done eLife!

No comments:

Post a Comment